April 13, 2010
How to manually add an email contact to a Constant Contact list
1. Go to constantcontact.com (use Internet Explorer or Netscape browser rather than Google Chrome as Constant Contact doesn’t work within Google Chrome).
2. Login with your username and password.
3. This will bring you to a main dashboard. On the right hand side of the screen, there’s an area for contacts. Click Add/Import.
4. Select the list(s) to which you want to add the new contact, and click the “Next” button.
5. Select “Type my email addresses and contact details into Constant Contact” and click the “Next” button. (Or, if you just want to enter in email addresses without additional contact info, you could select “Type or copy my email addresses into Constant Contact.) This will bring you to a screen that allows you to enter in multiple addresses at once. You can enter multiple fields–email address, first name, last name, and two selectable fields. I suggest selecting “Email Type” as one of the drop downs (and by default you could sign them up for HTML email), and perhaps the other useful field name you could select is “Company Name.” Or you could just leave all these blank, except for the email address field.
6. When you are done entering in addresses, click the “Submit Data” button. The next screen will tell you if you were successful in adding the address–something along the lines of “1 contact was successfully added.”
Lakenetwork has a number of clients who use Constant Contact for their enewsletter campaigns. Often, the templates provided by Constant Contact don’t exactly fit our customers’ needs. We are pleased to offer custom newsletter development and management. We can create newsletters that match the style of your website if desired.
Lakenetwork is a family-owned business providing website design and development for companies, professionals and organizations in the Cleveland, Ohio area and beyond. We specialize in providing the most cost-effective and appropriate solutions for clients’ online needs. We are located in Eastlake, Ohio.